|Job Title||Technologist- Biological|
|Job Type||Contract Part-Time|
|Min Experience||3 Years|
Classification: Technologist - Biological
Security Clearance: Enhanced Reliability
Duration: Oct 1, 2013 – Mar 31, 2014
· Lead the screening of two hindered phenols and two phenyl amine anti-oxidants in order to determine the need for further toxicity testing;
· Assist in the running of soil toxicity tests based on Environment Canada’s standard methods;
· Help with day-to-day laboratory operations including; culture maintenance, routine sampling; maintaining laboratory cleanliness, preparation of artificial soil, soil characteristics; purchasing laboratory supplies;
· Analysis of data collected from toxicity testing including statistics.
· Experience in conducting terrestrial environmental toxicology testing;
· Experience working in a CALA accredited laboratory;
· Knowledge of statistical methods related to environmental toxicity testing;
· Knowledge of statistical software packages including SYSTAT and CITES.
Degree from recognized Canadian University in Biology or Toxicology or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in a soil toxicology laboratory, conducting tests with chemical amended soils.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience conducting tests according to Environment Canada’s Biological Test Methods
|Notes||Only qualified candidates will be contacted.|
Please note positions may be filled prior to closing deadline. You may contact a Consultant to confirm availability.
|Security Level||I - Enhanced Reliability|